BIRTH DOULA SERVICES
The nature of my work involves a strong bond that forms with my clients. To preserve this bond and to give you peace of mind, I only work with one client a month to ensure that I will be there for you when you need me.
Please contact me early to schedule for your due date!
In an effort to stay abreast of the most current information relating to the childbearing year, I attend as many lectures and continuing education classes as possible. I regularly attend the Tucson Postpartum Depression Coalition's meetings as well as LATCH-AZ meetings (an AZ coalition working to make AZ a breastfeeding friendly state).
- Prenatal visits with an average of 4-6 hours of face to face prenatal contact where we can discuss: your unique hopes and desires for your birth, many options available in childbirth (and their benefits and risks), basic breastfeeding, baby calming, newborn care and newborn massage (as needed and desired)
- Unlimited phone and e-mail support prenatally
- Assistance with establishing your individual birth priorities and putting together a written "birth wish list" or "birth plan" if desired
- On call 24 hours a day seven days a week in the weeks surrounding your expected due date
- Access to my extensive lending library of birth related materials including birth hypnosis CDs
- Provide referrals to community resources
- If desired, option of early labor support at your home
- Continuous labor support as well as help in the first hour or two after birth as needed
- I feel I am particularly skilled at using acupressure to facilitate labor progress and to increase comfort during labor
- Initial breastfeeding support
- Photos if requested at any stage of labor and birth
- Written account of birth
- One postpartum visit in your home
Birth Doula Fee
$550 - half due upon contacting for services and second half due 2 weeks prior to estimated due date.
Your friends and family can contribute to your payment for doula services by purchasing gift certificates.